From Shinsuke SUGAYA <shins...@yahoo.co.jp>
Subject Re: translations needed for built-in menu support
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 23:27:22 GMT
Randy,

Randy Watler wrote:
> Shinsuke,
>
> I noticed that. Should we really be using RIGHT_TO_LEFT in the macros then?

I think we can create a new method or macro for the breadcrumb.

> Also, I intend to replace the simple back link with multiple breadcrumb
> links... should those be listed like this in Japanese:
>
> root_link -> subfolder_link -> subsub_folder -> current_page BACK_TO?

Thanks for the info.
If the above case, I'll not put BACK_TO into Japanese translation.
So, I'll put only navigation links without Back to.

> I'd like to know how that should look before we make a call on the
> solution for this issue.

There are many languages in the world.. If the order of the translatable
message is fixed, I think various unknown problems may occur.. So, I think
it's better to remove Back to from breadcrumb. For example, Apache Lenya
uses the following breadcrumb:

 >> root_link >> subfolder_link >> subsub_folder >> current_page

I think this breadcrumb is a low risk at the view point of i18n.

Thanks,
  shinsuke