From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject MENUS_BRANCH status
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:03:33 GMT
Team,

Just to keep all informed, here is the known issues list for the menus
branch. I am not sure which of these I will address in the branch or
after the merge in the trunk. Feel free to weigh in if any of these
strike a chord and you'd like to see them addressed sooner rather than
later:

- Port tigris ja decorator to the menus implementation,
- correct filtering for hidden pages and folders in the profiled page
context compatibility APIs,
- commit HTML version of the design documentation,
- add Menu.isEmpty() method to simplify decorator code,
- compare Link equality for menu merge using both target and url, (only
url is currently used),
- implement cache change/flush notification in page manager and
integrate with the portal site session context caches,
- profile portal site component for and perform level 0 optimizations,
- miscellaneous related JIRA issues from James and document PSML in xdocs.

Until the page manager/portal site cache notification is complete, one
will have to wait 10 seconds for PSML menu changes to take in the page
manager and only then use new browser sessions, (i.e. restart the browser).

All feedback is welcome,

Randy