From David Le Strat <dlest...@yahoo.com>
Subject [J2] Registry Unit Test Potential Bug
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:41:50 GMT
All,

I found an interesting problem with the registry.  The
reason I stumbled on that problem is that the test
failed with OJB 1.0.3.  I think we have a bug with the
current version of OJB.

The registry tests insert WebAppDescriptionImpl as
follow:

webApp.addDescription(Locale.FRENCH, "Description: Le
fromage est dans mon pantalon!");

INSERT INTO LOCALIZED_DESCRIPTION
VALUES(281,181,'org.apache.jetspeed.om.impl.WebAppDescriptionImpl','Description:
Le fromage est dans mon pantalon!','fr,,')

The description is added in french.

The test validation does:

assertNotNull("Web app did NOT persist its
description",
webApp.getDescription(Locale.getDefault()));

This assertion should fail.  It should be
webApp.getDescription(Locale.FRENCH) that returns a
record.  With current version or OJB, it works either
way: Locale.FRENCH or (Locale.getDefault().

Thoughts?

Regards,

David Le Strat.