From David Le Strat <dlest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New development branch
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:21:56 GMT
Scott,

I am making some cleaning as well on the unit tests.
Goal is to leverage as much as possible the
AbstractSpringTestCase and to minimize duplication of
.xml config files.  It is all over the place and hard
to maintain.

I am also addressing some bugs reported in Jira:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-227

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-255

and

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-281

I just want to make sure we minimize overlapping work.
I am currently validating that my approach will work
before drafting an email addressing the proposed
changes.

Mostly:

1.  Leverage assembly configuration from portal-webapp
as often as possible to avoid duplicated config files.
Add the following to project.xml:
<resource>
<directory>${basedir}/../../portal-webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/assembly</directory>
</resource>
2. To address
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-281, relocate
OJB mapping to /META-INF/ojb.

Regards,

David Le Strat.

--- "Weaver (EXT), Scott" <x_weaver@ugs.com> wrote:

> As I was working on getting the engine unit tests to
> work, I noticed
> there are still many places were we still need to
> refactor things into
> Spring or make them better "citizens" so to speak.
> As to avoid messing
> anyone up I am going to create a new branch to
> commit these changes
> into.
>

> Primary goals:
>
> 1.	Move as much into Spring as possible.
> 2.	Get the Engine and PortalContext into Spring
> (actually have this
> working already)
> 3.	Remove as many calls to the
> org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed static
> class as possible.
> 4.	Refactor those services that are using
> class.newInstance() to
> use dependency injection.
> 5.	Implement my proposed shorter bean naming
> convention (email from
> last week)
> 6.	Reduce the number of calls to the
> ComponentManager, again this
> is solved by introducing dependency injection into
> those classes that
> currently do not use it.
>

> I just want to get everyone's feeling on this.  If
> everyone agrees I
> will log this into Jira.
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Scott