From "Shah Amit" <amit_sha...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed2 Security
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:26:17 GMT
I have the exact same problem !!! I think with J2, roles and groups are just
2 interchangeable ways of catagorizing users. I tried to find a link between
those, but I couldn't. Finally I ended up designing my system accordingly
atleast for now.

I just check for roles in my system, and treat roles as "actual
permissions".

I dont know if I missed something. May be someone who knows better than me
can comment ??

Amit

----Original Message Follows----
From: Tomba Rakesh <tomba_rakesh@yahoo.com>
To: Jetspeed Developers List <jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Jetspeed2 Security
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 06:18:26 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Amit...

Now I could create user, role and groups

So far I explore only user caould mapped to role and groups... I did't find
any feature that links with role and group.

Regards
Rakesh

Shah Amit <amit_shah25@hotmail.com> wrote:
The documentation on jetspeed 2 website can be a good starting point. Apart
from that, some documenation ships with jetspeed distribution too. Look
around for *.pdf's and txts.

Roughly speaking, it provides an implementation of JAAS. You would have to
use their own security schema if you want to use that though.

It can be replaced with your own implementation too. I dont know too much
details of that.

There are a couple of threads on this forum for that.

http://www.mail-archive.com/jetspeed-user%40portals.apache.org/

HTH
Amit