From Tomba Rakesh <tomba_rak...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Add portlet to a page by normal user. HELP!
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 06:55:54 GMT
Hi to all

With a little modification on UserPortletSelector.claas (jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9\webapps\pam\WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\jetspeed\portlets\selector\UserPortletSelector.claas)
portlets can be filtered. So I create a new class file for portlet selector as myparm.MyUserPortletSelector
and doing all necessary steps.

On clicking the select icon(link to add portlet), this portlet will pop up on different window.
The popup window does not show the list of portlets, but when I refresh the page it list all
the portlets. Modified
Q 1. How to solve this problem?
Q 2. When I click the "select icon(link to add portlet)", log file shows the following error.
Even though there is ClassCastException exception it works fine. How to resolve this?
java.lang.ClassCastException
        at org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.selector.PortletIterator.compare(PortletIterator.java:43)
        at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Arrays.java:1278)
        at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Arrays.java:1289)
        at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:1219)
        at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:155)
        at org.apache.portals.gems.browser.DatabaseBrowserIterator.sort(DatabaseBrowserIterator.java:227)
        at myparm.MyUserPortletSelector.getRows(MyUserPortletSelector.java:183)
        at myparm.MyUserPortletSelector.getRows(MyUserPortletSelector.java:105)
        at org.apache.portals.gems.browser.BrowserPortlet.doView(BrowserPortlet.java:188)
        at myparm.MyUserPortletSelector.doView(MyUserPortletSelector.java:81)
        at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:247)
        at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:175)
        at org.apache.portals.bridges.velocity.GenericVelocityPortlet.render(GenericVelocityPortlet.java:163)

Regards
Rakesh

Tomba Rakesh <tomba_rakesh@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi All

By default in Jetspeed2, normal user could not add portlet even though thay have the permission
to edit the page. How to make it possible for the normal user so that they could add only
authorized portlets.

Regards
Rakesh