From Tomba Rakesh <tomba_rak...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed2 Security
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 04:09:06 GMT
Hi Randy

Thanks for clarifying my doubt....

Could you please tell me the steps for portlet permission. I tried on "portlet.xml" and "web.xml",
but it does not work.

Any related link may also helps us.

Regards
Rakesh

Randy Watler <watler@wispertel.net> wrote:
Rakesh,

>WEB-INF/pages/page.security is actually usefull, so that specific user could be assign
to view, edit the page. My understanding so far regarding "page.security" is that, user can
view the page, "adding/removing/change position" portlets to the page. So "page.security"
is the security applies to all pages, please correct me if I am wrong.

The "page.security" and related PSML tags operate
on the page level and control "view" and "edit" permssions for the page,
not portlet permissions.

>But I would like to protect the portlets individually.
>How to assign permissions to a particular portlet "p1" so that the specified users (u1,
u2) and groups (g1, g2) can access it.

As mentioned by David Le Strat on this thread, take a look at the
portlet standard declarative security. In general, this level of
security is considered more a portlet responsibility than something a
portal should implement. However, over time I suspect that the two
concerns will develop a tighter interface.

Randy