From Raphaël Luta <raphael.l...@aptiwan.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] JS2-69 - Portal Navigations Component Design
Date Sun, 15 May 2005 22:31:04 GMT
Ate Douma wrote:
> Raphaël Luta wrote:
>
>> Ate Douma wrote:
>>
>>> But, I would like an option to review and test the result before you
>>> commit some or
>>> all of it.
>>> As you know, I'd like to do an M3 release very soon (planned next
>>> weekend), so please
>>> keep me informed about your progress.
>>>

>> Maybe you could create a branch for stabilizing M3 over the next week
>> so that Randy can commit early his work without breaking the release.
>>
>> What do you think ?
>
> Good idea.
> As I expect to provide a few (small) enhancements during the next days
> though
> I'd like to delay this M3 branch as long as possible.
> As soon as Randy is ready to commit, I (or he) can create the new M3
> branch.

Huh ? Better to create the branch now while the HEAD is stable and
contribute your small fixes to the M3 branch if they are low risk and
can be included in M3 or in HEAD if they should not be included.

The merge process after release should take care of bringing back M3
patches to HEAD if necessary. Merging can be a little painful if a lot
of code changes happen between merges but it's still much better than
trying to stabilize HEAD with a major code work coming in.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael.luta@aptiwan.com
Aptiwan, l'intelligence du réseau - http://www.aptiwan.com/