From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed 1.6
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:58:14 GMT
Raphaël Luta wrote:

> I've committed all changes related to JDK 1.5.
> I had to change a signature in RunnableThread since there's a conflict
> with the JDK 1.5 Thread API.

great, it still builds fine on JDK 1.4.2

> As far as I could see, the method I changed was not used currently in
> jetspeed so it shouldn't affect anything, but there's a small chance
> that existing customer code depends on the previous
> RunnableThread.getId() method, which will break when running on JDK < 1.5
>
> David, is there already a release note file I can update to document the
> change ?
Nope, we need to start on that next

> The current CVS code now compiles with JDK 1.5 and runs on
> Tomcat 5.5.7/JDK 1.5. (not fully tested Fusion yet).

Ive been testing against 5.0.30 with and without Fusion
Fusion seems to be building well
I've tested running JSR 168 portlets on another page besides the
default, and it works for me
The one issue Im seeing is that the navigational state is not working in
certain situations again. I guess once we get this fixed, we can release.

Ive also updated the documentation here with how to build and run Fusion:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/fusion.html

And better documented the db torque mess:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/database.html

However it doesn't seem to show up.
On cvs.apache.org, I copied to generated docs to
/x1/www/portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/

I guess the procedure has changed ..... ?

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software