From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jetspeed-1.6 Release
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:22:27 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

>> I still have a few outstanding features for the 1.6 release:
>> - build db specific torque jars
>
> done
>
>> - fusion testing
>> - cleanup tutorial
>>
>> Does anyone else have anything outstanding for 1.6?
>>
> not all at once please
>
>> Im not going to build the release until the above are resolved
>>
> Im looking to clean up the 1.6 cvs. It takes a while to download mainly
> because of jars that are no longer used.
> I'd like to propose deleting:
>
> 1. the entire build directory

-0. I don't how many people use maven vs ant to build jetspeed 1 so this
  may have a huge impact on our current user base. I think we should ask
on the user mailing-list before doing something like this.

> 2. scratchpad/cms
>    Graffito now exists in incubator, we don't need this here any more

+1

> 3. scratchpad/portlet-api
>    this directory confuses people since they think its real thing
>    (its not, its the pre expert group design)

+0. It has historical value but I agree it can confuse people.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/