From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PortletURLProviderImpl.toString() ?
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:17:46 GMT
Ate Douma wrote:
> Raphaël Luta wrote:
> <snip>
>
> You're absolutely correct Raphaël, this is wrong.
> It is a long time ago I've been looking at this and I can't remember
> anymore
> what I was thinking at the time I wrote it but indeed, this isn't good.
> The whole logic behind the if (clearparameters) statement is wrong
> although it
> more or less seems to do the job (but probably only because Pluto always
> calls
> clearParameters() before it calls setParameters(Map)).
>
> There is more going on here though. I've seen some reports by users
> complaining
> that previously defined renderparameters aren't removed even if not
> defined on
> a new PortletURL. This area in the code might be part of that problem.
> Most likely, I was working on that functionality but simply forgot to
> complete it
> when I rewrote the PortletURL encoding.
> Solving this properly might require changes to the NavigationalState
> implementation as well!
> I wouldn't want to implement a (too) quick fix for that.

We indeed saw some strange behavior with render parameters that don't
seem to be cleared properly.

> Starting from Wednesday, I expect to have more time on my hands to look
> at this
> and will try to resolve it. if you can't wait that long and/or it is
> blocking you
> go ahead and fix this part. I'll then pick it up after that.

If you know what should be the correct behavior, I'll gladly let you
take care of this ! Trying to get a picture of how this stuff works is
a real mess given the number of facades used both on Jetspeed and Pluto
side.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/