From "Shah Amit" <amit_sha...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: some questions about the database servers
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:12:28 GMT
I think OJB is used as the persistance manager layer once you get jetspeed
running. Torque is probably used only in the build process to generate the
SQL's. But I am not 100% sure. Probably someone from Jetspeed team can
better answer or correct me ...

Amit

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Smits.Dolf" <dolf.smits@siemens.com>
To: 'Jetspeed Developers List' <jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: RE: some questions about the database servers
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:43:56 +0100

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

Although it it quit a long way to do.
I need to adapt Torque, to be able to create the needed scripts (done part
of that now locally)
Then I can generate the scripts (mostly working now)
I can load the database (exception is the populate user info sql file, which
generates a constraint violation on the foreign key)

I think that most errors when starting up are causen by the JDBC driver, but
i'm still working on it.

Is torque somehow used during operating jetspeed, or is it only used for
creating the database files?

Greetings,

Dolf Smits