From "Shah Amit" <amit_sha...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Too many DB Connections remain opened ..
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:20:26 GMT
Hi

I am 99% sure that Jetspeed uses OJB to access DB. Torque is only used at
compile time to generate the sql scripts from xml files I think. So you
might need to tweak OJB config file.

Amit

----Original Message Follows----
From: Irineu Avanšo Jr. <iavanco@mcn.com.br>
To: <jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
CC: <ctorres@mcn.com.br>
Subject: Too many  DB Connections remain  opened ..
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:02:39 -0300

Hello   people...

I am trying do figure out  why   Jetspeed  is  not closing  DB connections
with its  own Database  even after the users got  disconnected.  There is
always  about  21  DB connection  remaining  opened  even after all    user
were disconnected.

The connections  are closed only and only if  I  shoutdown  Apache Tomcat.

I am using  MS SQL Server  to handle Jetspeed database.    I  also made some
tests modifying the parameters below  that are defined within the
torque.properties   file,  and nothing  has changed.

# The number of database connections to cache per ConnectionPool instance
(specified per database)

torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10

torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600

torque.dsfactory.default.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10

Can anybody please help me out on this matter  ?

Thank you.

Irineu Avanšo Jr.