From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject [J2] Big update to entity reference usage
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:18:15 GMT
I've replaced the locator-entities usage for all projects now using dynamic entity parameter
substitution.
Now only one master locator.ent definition is needed in the project root folder.
To be able to determine the correct relative directory for usage within sub projects, an external
locator.path definition
is used in each project folder containing the relative directory to the root.
The locator.ent for each subproject now defers to the master locator.ent and thus will never
to be changed anymore.

For new sub projects these two files need to be copied (and depending on the depth to the
root adjusted appropriately),
and the project.xml (and optionally maven.xml if you want/need to reference artifacts directly)
should define the
external locator.ent in its DTD section just as we already did.

Furthermore, I replaced *all* produced artifact version references (as well as the pluto version)
with entity references.
These are now defined in one file: etc/artifact-versions.ent.
Upgrading to a new version requires no more than changing its value in this file.
(for fun I already build a Jetspeed-2.0-M2 locally ;-)

Regards, Ate