From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: J2/Fusion synchronisation and release plan (Was: Re: Struts-Bridge & Fusion - David/Ate/others- Pls comment)
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:57:05 GMT
Scott T Weaver wrote:

> I think we should look at consolidating as much info as possible in spot.
> Right now people have to search all over the place (wiki, website, READMEs,
> etc) to piece together any useful info.  Even worse some of our docs are
> severely outdated and cause more harm than good :(
>
> I like the format of the Spring and Hibernate documentation pages.  Their
> outline view is *MUCH* easier to navigate then the side menu Maven/Xdocs
> spits out.  I vote we use them as a template for doing our docs.

For yhat it's worth, I've nearly completed a build of the entire
design-docs folder in Jetspeed 2 as a website with Forrest (which
handles mny different formats including OpenOffice).

It's currently not online but I can try and publish it before this
week-end. This could be a basis for a comprehensive documentation
without having the hassle of rewriting existing docs in xdoc format.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/