From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [J2] deployment-refactoring branch
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 20:43:27 GMT

Raphaël Luta wrote:
> Ate Douma wrote:
>

>> As I already mentioned before, I would like to request a vote for
>> merging my
>> branch with CVS HEAD later this week. What does worry me though is
>> that nobody seems
>> to have time or interest in testing this thing out...
>>

> You know, Ate, testing that branch takes some time :)
>
> We have successfully deployed a test install of standard J2
> deployment-refactoring branch on a Linux Debian server
> with JDK 1.5 and Tomcat 5.5.7.
> We'll try to load some custom portlet developments and
> let you know if we encounter any significant issues.

Great news Raphaël! Thanks for letting me know.

> Anyway, I'd think we should hold on merging until we get
> at least of few more successful deployments of the standard
> J2 sources and demos on other platforms.
I fully agree. That's the reason I wrote that comment above.

But, I also still hope we can release a M2 before the end of this
month and I really would like to see the new deployment implementation
be part of it.

Hopefully others are already testing it too without telling so ;-)