From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject [J2] deployment-refactoring branch
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 20:19:33 GMT
Ate Douma wrote:

> As I already mentioned before, I would like to request a vote for
> merging my
> branch with CVS HEAD later this week. What does worry me though is that
> nobody seems
> to have time or interest in testing this thing out...

You know, Ate, testing that branch takes some time :)

We have successfully deployed a test install of standard J2
deployment-refactoring branch on a Linux Debian server
with JDK 1.5 and Tomcat 5.5.7.
We'll try to load some custom portlet developments and
let you know if we encounter any significant issues.

Anyway, I'd think we should hold on merging until we get
at least of few more successful deployments of the standard
J2 sources and demos on other platforms.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/