From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Which classloader to use?
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 20:05:29 GMT
Doug Schnelzer wrote:
> I'm getting the following error running the latest Jetspeed2 from CVS
> under JBoss 4.0.1sp1 in the second and subsequent portlets in the
> portal.  The first portlet and the portal display fine.
>
> The error int the portlet window is:
> VelocityViewServlet : Error processing the template
> Invocation of method 'getTitle' in class
> org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool threw exception class
> java.lang.IllegalStateException : No classloader has been defined for
> portlet application 2
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: No classloader has been defined for
> portlet application 2
>
> Do you think this issue is related to this thread and the refactoring
> that Ate is doing?  If so, any recommendations on a workaround in
> JBoss or do I just need to sit tight and wait till JS2-210 is
> committed?

Doug,

You *can* try the deployment_refactoring branch I created for JS2-210.
It is fully functional under Tomcat 5.0.30 and 5.5.8.
But, I didn't test it out with JBoss yet so it might just work or not at all.
If you would have time to try it out though I would very much appreciate it.

I do expect it to be easier to get working with other servers though as my refactored
solution only relies on the server its own handling of web application deployment
conforming to the servlet specs.

As I already mentioned before, I would like to request a vote for merging my
branch with CVS HEAD later this week. What does worry me though is that nobody seems
to have time or interest in testing this thing out...

Ate