From Mike Douglass <dou...@rpi.edu>
Subject Re: portal-struts bridge problems
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:42:36 GMT
It's tomcat 5.0.28

My application is fairly complex but I think it should be possible to
demonstrate it by storing a string attribute in the session. If two
separate portlets do so with the same name under the bridge (maybe even
not with the bridge) I'm guessing they'll collide.

I used a debugging feature of my application to display all the session
attributes and there were none named javax.portlet*

Thanks for your help

Ate Douma wrote:

>>> No.
>>> As I wrote above, Struts applications intended to be run isolated
>>> should be
>>> deployed as separate portlet applications and not merged together in
>>> one.
>>> The default APPLICATION_SCOPE usage (as per the Portlet
>>> Specification) is
>>> to *allow* using different (Struts) portlets/servlets in one portlet
>>> application
>>> with the need to be able to share information using the session.
>>>
>> That's exactly my problem. They are built as completely separate
>> portlets, packaged separately but still end up with session
>> attributes colliding. The only point of commonality is they they are
>> deployed into the same portal.
>
> Then you've found a bug for sure.
> Before I'm going to investigate this, I'd like to know what version of
> Tomcat
> you are using.
>
> As I wrote earlier, if you are using Tomcat 4.1.x you are bound to
> have this problem.
>
> If you are using Tomcat 5.x you might have found a bug in J2 and/or
> the Struts Bridge.
> In that case I definitely will give it the highest priority to find
> and fix the bug...

Mike Douglass                           douglm@rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer
Communication & Collaboration Technologies      518 276 6780(voice) 2809
(fax)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 110 8th Street, Troy, NY 12180