From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: portal-struts bridge problems
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:16:48 GMT
Mike Douglass wrote:

>>> If that's so, I believe that a wrapped struts application should have
>>> all it's session attributes stored in the PORTLET_SCOPE because a
>>> struts application typically runs isolated from other applications.
>>> Shouldn't the portal-bridge store them in that scope by default?
>>

>> No.
>> As I wrote above, Struts applications intended to be run isolated
>> should be
>> deployed as separate portlet applications and not merged together in one.
>> The default APPLICATION_SCOPE usage (as per the Portlet Specification) is
>> to *allow* using different (Struts) portlets/servlets in one portlet
>> application
>> with the need to be able to share information using the session.
>>
> That's exactly my problem. They are built as completely separate
> portlets, packaged separately but still end up with session attributes
> colliding. The only point of commonality is they they are deployed into
> the same portal.
Then you've found a bug for sure.
Before I'm going to investigate this, I'd like to know what version of Tomcat
you are using.

As I wrote earlier, if you are using Tomcat 4.1.x you are bound to have this problem.

If you are using Tomcat 5.x you might have found a bug in J2 and/or the Struts Bridge.
In that case I definitely will give it the highest priority to find and fix the bug...