From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@sword-technologies.com>
Subject Re: Portlet...??
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:10:48 GMT
mohanad al-shayeb wrote:

> Hellow guys,
>
> I did compile JetSpeed2 and used Tomcat 5.0.28 (to get rid of db
> problems :(  ). Anyway I would be really greatful for your answers for
> the followign Qs:

What kind of problems ?

> 1. I want to recompile the demo.war with Maven. I do not know how to
> do that?

from the demo directory : maven java:compile or maven war to build the
new war portlet application

> 2. If i want to add a new portlet, what are the neccessary steps i
> need to do that?

Write or reuse a portlet class and add it into the portlet.xml config
file. In the demo app, you can find some velocity, JSF, JSP, .. based
portlets.

> 3. Each time i start tomcat! I takes alot of time to startup (after
> adding the JetSpeed2)? Anyway to accelrate it?

> 4. If I update the portlet while the portal is running , will JetSpeed
> update or i should restart Tomcat?

No just copy the portlet war into the running jetspeed application (in
the WEB-INF/deploy folder). It is not necessary to restart Tomcat.