From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject More Login/Security Enhancements
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:21:32 GMT
Ate/All,

I have these additional Login/Security requirements that have made there
way into a formal requirements process for our portal implementation:

- Send email to end user for forgotten passwords, (offered on failed
login attempts if user email address known).
- Ability of a non-authenticated end user to create and populate a
disabled user account to be enabled later by admin/moderator, (includes
automatic email notification of the request and approved/denied messages
if user email address known).

I think these features are fairly typical for most sites requiring end
user authentication. Is there any interest in, (or objections to), these
features being added to J2 proper? If there is interest, I will generate
a JIRA issue and we can see if there are other similar capabilities that
can be added at the same time.

Thanks!

Randy