From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject Re: J2 - Menu Navigation - Root Folder
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:54:52 GMT
Shah,

Right.... the problem is that the API is not designed to allow arbitrary
use of the getParent() method because the profiler does not construct a
complete view of the site on each page request. The reason is that it
can be costly generate views of the site that are not necessarily going
to be visited by the user.

Instead, we would expect this to be done using document sets. Perhaps it
is easy, perhaps not. Can you please generate an example set of folders
and pages you'd like to add to your layout and I'd be glad to assist.

Thanks,

Randy