From David Le Strat <dlest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: j2 spring configuration broken
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:03:28 GMT
David,

I am surprised, I tested this quite a bite before
committing.  In any case, I have documented this under
components/security/xdocs/config.xml and updated
references to this page from the main navigation.

For easier configuration purpose, I have separated the
SPI from the API:

- security-atn.xml:
Provides the login module configuration.  Not everyone
needs this, as some application may decide to use
another login module other than the one provided.
- security-atz.xml:
Configures the authorization policy, in our case RDBMS
Policy.
- security-managers.xml:
Configures all the managers for security purpose.
- security-providers.xml:
Configures the various providers and weaves the SPI
together.
- security-spi.xml:
This configuration file contains configuration that
are common to the authentication and authorization
SPIs.
- security-spi-atn.xml:
This configuration file contains all the
configurations for configuring the authentication SPI.
- security-spi-atz.xml:
This configuratio file contains all the configurations
for configuring the authorization SPI.

I also documented the subcomponents for each SPI xml
elements.  Please see config.xml for more details.

I felt this would provide quite a bit of flexibility
for the security layer, however feel free to change it
if you feel that another format would work better.

Regards,

David Le Strat.