From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: j_security_check and portlets
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:25:58 GMT
Xavier Lawrence wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What would be the best way to translate the following for a portlet:
>
>   <login-config>
>     <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
>     <realm-name>@SECURITY-DOMAIN@</realm-name>
>     <form-login-config>
>       <form-login-page>/WEB-INF/jsp/login/login.jsp</form-login-page>
>       <form-error-page>/WEB-INF/jsp/login/error.jsp</form-error-page>
>     </form-login-config>
>   </login-config>
>
> and then in login.jsp:
>
> <form method="post" action="j_security_check" >
>
> Is there a way of doing something similar but for Portlets ???
>
> Note that I have a struts application underneath. I was allready planning
> to define a new action to display the login page, but how should I do to
> display the error page in case of a wrong login ???
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
>
> Regards
>
> Xavier

Take a look at our current implementation of the login portlet.
It uses Struts and active authentication
Look under the applications/security directory, and specifically
login.jsp.

Under the /portal directory, reference web.xml, login.jsp, logout.jsp,
and LogInRedirector.jsp.

I thought there was a document provided by Ate describing how active
authentication works inside jetspeed, but I can't find it so maybe not

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software