From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: J2 Site updated
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:58:15 GMT

David Sean Taylor wrote:
> Ate Douma wrote:
>
>> I've generated and uploaded a new site for the current jetspeed-2 cvs
>> head (2.0-M2-dev).
>>
>> Checkout the new: http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ate Douma

> Looks great!
>
> What maven goal did you run?
maven multiproject:site
This goal needs a jvm of 900Mb (took me 5 runs to get it to complete)!
I first tried out the maven allSite but that didn't give a desirable result.
I wonder why we have this goal. The build in multiproject:site goal does what we want I think
(although using a absurd amount of memory).
Currently, we have content duplicated in both /xdocs and /site/xdocs, and it depends on which
goal is run which is used.
I would be in favor of dropping the allSite goal and the site subproject.

> Did you use maven to publish it?
No, used sftp to upload the zipped contents (18Mb!) and expanded on cvs.apache.org.
Note: I kept the old content (in /jetspeed-2-generated) for now, but I think we should clean
up sometime.