From "Xavier Lawrence" <xlawre...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: XSLT filter, Callback filter and Jetspeed-2
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:45:09 GMT

> <snip/>
>
>> Solutions:
>> - in case your original action is targeted from an Action PorletURL use
>> redirect="true"
>>    in your forward definition
>> - in case of chained render actions just don't do it: try to consolidate
>> the
>>    actions into one and forward (type include) to the jsp from that.
>> - in case above isn't feasible or correct, you could maintain a
>> invocation
>> counter as
>>    request attribute in your filter and only do your initialization on
>> first invocation
>>    and only cleanup when it goes down to zero again.
>>
>> I hope this will get you going.
>>

> I added in some extra log information and I noticed that probably the
> problem occured during the Struts forward.
>
> If I look at the logs. I have twice the same RequestURI (...do). The
> filter is called twice from the same RequestURI.
>
> What is though very strange, is that everything works fine to initialize
> the portlet. At load time, the portlet calles setup.do, which does some
> initialization and displays the main screen.
>
> Then whenever I click on a link (sp:link or sp:form) everthing goes fine
> till the rendering. At this point, it seems the filter is called twice in
> a row (same URI) and Exceptions occur at the second call.
>
> So my first page is not called from a Portlet URL (I just invoke setup.do,
> as init param in portlet.xml). If I put redirect true, the action is
> executed but the output is a white screen with no content...
>
> Could this be an issue of the bridge ??  I guess I have to use your third
> solution...

I tried not calling the close method at the second invocation of the
filter. No output is rendered. The portlet is blank white :(

-------------=[ xlawrence at jahia dot com ]=-------------
Jahia : A collaborative source CMS and Portal Server
www.jahia.org Community and product web site
www.jahia.com Commercial services company
www.collaborativesource.org Jahia's collaborative license