From Peter Dunn <cont...@dailys.info>
Subject Seeking company/developer for building our web site
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:54:25 GMT
Hello,

We are looking for a company/developer for building our web site.  We
are a non-profit organization whose mission is to bring high quality
news and information from around the web to the public.

We were part-way through developing the site and the developer at the
two-person company we hired to do it recently left to work at another
company.  As a result, the project is basically stalled, and we are
looking to find a company/developer to either assist with the project
or take it over completely.

If you are interested, we would be interested to hear about your
skills, experience and portfolio - particularly with Jetspeed 1 and
Java in general.

We are also happy to tell you more about our project.  You can read
more about it and also see a mockup of what the front page of the site
will look like at this link - http://www.dailys.info/.

Besides placing emphasis on accuracy, fairness, depth and context in
the stories we include, the Daily Source will be oriented towards
making the world a better place by focusing on important topics and
constructive themes.  We aim to attract a large audience over time,
and think the site will be a feather in the cap of the company that
develops it.

You can see the original RFP and working mockups of what we call the
Reviewed Content Area and the Publishing Area at this link -
http://dailys.info/workingmockups/?N=D.  There are several other
supporting documents that I can send later on, and we can also let you
view the current state of the site online.

Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you,

Peter Dunn

The Daily Source Limited
25 Stearns Rd. #2
Watertown, MA 02472
617-501-0516
contact@dailys.info

p.s.  our current vendor is open to either having another company take
over the project entirely or work in tandem with him on it - in which
case he could either play an active day-to-day role or a smaller
consulting type of role.

p.p.s.  dailys.info is a temporary domain - we eventually will use
another, as we already own dailysource.org and other domains.