From "Raghdan Rabah" <ragh...@netways.com>
Subject Re: Failed to save user object using MSSQL
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:50:56 GMT
Hello,

And thanks for reply.

Maybe it is the OBJECTDATA field? which field shall I modify?

------------------------ the TURBINE_USER Table is
FIRST_NAME	varchar	99	0
LAST_NAME	varchar	99	0
EMAIL	varchar	99	1
CONFIRM_VALUE	varchar	99	1
MODIFIED	datetime	8
CREATED	datetime	8	1
LAST_LOGIN	datetime	8
DISABLED	char	1	1
OBJECTDATA	binary	7132	1
PASSWORD_CHANGED	datetime
----------------------------------the eeror is-->

Reason:
        org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.UserException: Failed to save
user object : [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]String or binary
data would be truncated.

Stacktrace:

          java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]String or binary data would be truncated.
	at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6958)
	at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7115)
	at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLParamData(JdbcOdbc.java:4738)
	at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.execute
(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:225)
	at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.executeUpdate
(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:136)
	at com.workingdogs.village.Record.saveWithUpdate(Unknown Source)
	at com.workingdogs.village.Record.save(Unknown Source)
	at com.workingdogs.village.Record.save(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.insertOrUpdateRecord
(BasePeer.java:899)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doUpdate(BasePeer.java:1940)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doUpdate(BasePeer.java:1835)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.doUpdate
(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:501)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.doUpdate
(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:471)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineUserManagement.saveUser
(TurbineUserManagement.java:245)

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 09:33:51 -0500, mike long wrote