From "Vlachogiannis Evangelos" <evl...@aegean.gr>
Subject RE: Problem on testing J2
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:11:46 GMT
Yes I did started the database. Is there a possibility that it is not started normally even
if I can login? Note that I run tomcat on a non-default ports but different from 9001 used
by hsql.

Vangelis

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Ruttimann [mailto:rogerrut@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 7:04 AM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: Problem on testing J2

The non-java and third party portlets have other dependencies (perl,php
engines or other components) and fail for that reason.
I agree some more documentation is needed how to run these portlets.

The login which asks you to changes the password is a problem with HSQL.
MySQL and other databases just work fine.

About the error: Did you start the database (HSQL requires to be started
e.g $TOMCAT_HOME/jetspeed-database/start-database.sh)?

Roger

Vlachogiannis Evangelos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>I have just downloaded J2 binary ver. While I am running tomcat I am getting some exceptions
that do not allow me to view non-java and third party portlets. I then tried to login .. I
guessed right the password;) but it asked me to change that. Then I got the following exception
which do not allow me to experience the "logged in ver".

>org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not create OJB
transaction; nested exception is org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.Lookup
>Exception: SQLException thrown while trying to get Connection from Datasource (j
>ava:comp/env/jdbc/jetspeed)
>
>Any suggestions please?
>
>Thnx,
>Vangelis