From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: [J2] Vote: Torque schema generation problems - how to proceed?
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:15:54 GMT
Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

>Serge Huber <shuber2@jahia.com> writes:
>

>>The biggest problem I encountered seemed to be the lack of activity in
>>the Torque team, so my patches were slow to come through. I hope this is
>>better now but I don't know.
>>

>Thank you for your kind words. I checked our bugs database for issues
>or patches opened by you and found nothing. Where are those patches?

Hi Henning,

First let me say that I didn't mean to offend anyone. This was a while
ago (beginning of the year), and I was also pressed for time so maybe a
bit impatient. Anyway the patch was then re-submitted by David and it
was committed. It was basically just a problem with the HSQLDB velocity
template that is now part of Torque Gen so no longer a problem.

Also let me say that I fully understand the fact that Apache projects
are volunteers projects and that it is perfectly understandeable that
projects go through "waves" of activity and lesser activity. I, for one,
would really like to have more time to contribute to J2 and other
projects, but in the real world something also seems to be in the way :)

When I said the "biggest problem" please also understand that this means
that I think that Torque Gen is a good project and that if there are
ideas to improve upon it we should contribute rather than try to fork.

Regards,
  Serge Huber.