From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Role Management Portlet
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:52:06 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

> David (Le Strat),
>
> The new Role Management portlet does not run on Tomcat 4.1.30 here
> Not sure why, I just get a blank portlet under View Roles, new errors
> I debugged the portlet and it does correctly populate the list of roles
>
> However it is running fine on 5.0.28
>
> Going to try it on 5.5.4 now...

On first try, not much luck with 5.5.4
Can't get J2 to connect to the database

[org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl] ERROR:
SQLExce
ption thrown while trying to get Connection from Datasource
(java:comp/env/jdbc/
jetspeed)
Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC
driver of cla
ss '' for connect URL 'null'
         at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDat
aSource.java:780)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSo
urce.java:540)

I put the jetspeed.xml into the same place as with 5.0.x
And i added my jdbc driver into endorsed directory

Anyone had any luck running on 5.5.4?