From "Vlachogiannis Evangelos" <evl...@aegean.gr>
Subject RE: Contribute JetCMS - A CMS module for jetspeed 1
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:03:06 GMT
We are talking about different data structures. How can you do it with current jetspeed om?
Is there a web site where we can check for JCMS?

Thnx,
Vangelis

________________________________

Από: LOMBART Christophe [mailto:Christophe.LOMBART@sword-technologies.com]
Αποστολή: Δευ 1/11/2004 4:51 μμ
Προς: jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Θέμα: Re: Contribute JetCMS - A CMS module for jetspeed 1

Maybe I didn't understand but why are you creating specific tables for each kind of resources
?
If you need to deal with resources like images, documents, ... it is possible to use the same
object model & DB schema.

What you can do it to check the JCMS code in order to see if there are some common points
between our projects.

Christophe

Vlachogiannis Evangelos wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>We (Aegean) have used Jetspeed1 under the umbrella of some projects as a portal platform
but as a collaborative enviroment as well. Most cases it was a demand to create database structures
and use them as a repository for every resource type. Then the users of the systems needed
to add data in a form based manner. Finally the system had to prevent users adding, editing
... resources according to their permissions / groups /roles.

>For doing this we used the database portlet. But this meant that for every resource type
we had to create a new database table, generate torque, new velocity forms and browsers templates.
We also initially added some database fields for checking permissions.

>At this moment we have developed a "Jetspeed Module" which provide as an easy way for
dealing with such cases. You can find some features/screens of our module and we would like
to ask the community if there is an interest of such a module and in this case how can we
contribute that.

 in  http://cvs.syros.aegean.gr/~evlach/papers/