From Chris Custine <chris.cust...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception starting tomcat
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:44:42 GMT
I have the same problem with the files from /etc/db-ojb not being
copied.  I looked but I can't find anywhere that even implies they
would be copied.  There are a couple of the files that get copied and
have filters applied to them (repository_database.xml, etc.) and those
files show up but not the others.  In the mean time I added:

    <copy todir="${maven.build.dest}">
        <fileset dir="../etc/db-ojb">
        </fileset>
    </copy>

to the ojb.set.production.database.platform goal just before the
filter is applied to repository_database.xml so that the filtered
version gets copied over the orignal.

Chris

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:58:51 -0400, Scott T. Weaver
<scotts-jetspeed-list@binary-designs.net> wrote:
> Others have encountered this same issue of the OJB repo files not being
> copied.  I know David Taylor was having similar issues that forced him
> to modify the maven goals the explicitly copy the OJB files.  However, I
> don't think he ever checked them in as it appeared he was the only one
> encountering this issue.
>
> As for broken portlets.  I know some of the My First Psml pages are
> busted.  We will more than likely remove those.  Others like the third
> party portlets and the testcase require you to download those specific
> portlet apps and install them yourself due to licensing issues.
>

> Böhringer Jochen wrote:
>
> >>It looks like you might be missing some of the OJB repository files in
> >>your classpath.
> >>
> >>1. verify that these files are present under
> >>"webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/classes" in you tomcat install:
> >>OJB-logging.properties
> >>OJB.properties
> >>repository.dtd
> >>repository_internal.xml
> >>repository.xml
> >>

> >Thank you Scott! You were right. The files above were not at the right place. I had
to copy them manually from the eclipse project into the appropriate tomcat directory.

> >This might be a bug in the maven goals, because the maven builds did not report an
error.

> >Now I can view the localhost:8080/jetspeed portal and play a bit with the portal.
Some of the portlets work quite nice but others end up in exceptions.
> >I think this might happen because I simply checked out the latest code from the CVS
head. Is there any location to download a stable release of jetspeed-2 or is it too new and
I should wait using it if I don't want to run into problems.