From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Notice] Moving Committers to Emeritus status
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:03:45 GMT
Santiago Gala wrote:

> El dom, 17-10-2004 a las 14:59 +0200, Raphaël Luta escribió:
>
>>Following the adoption of the Emeritus committer policy by the Portals
>>PMC, I propose that we move to actually implement it for Jetspeed
>>repositories.
>>
>>Here is the list of current committers that I believe should be moved to
>>emeritus based on their current participation to the project:
>>jon          Jon Stevens
>>prickett     Jeff Prickett
>>brekke       Jeff Brekke
>>ingo         Ingo Schuster
>>shesmer      Stefan Hesmer
>>nacho        Ignacio Ortega
>>akempf       Andreas Kempf
>>kimptoc      Chris Kimpton
>>jvanzyl      Jason Van Zyl
>>ggolden      Glenn Golden
>>aurelien     Aurélien Pernoud
>>rubys        Sam Ruby
>>
>>For information, the other current active committers are:
>>sgala        Santiago Gala
>>taylor       David Sean Taylor
>>raphael      Raphael Luta
>>paulsp       Paul Spencer
>>morciuch     Marc Orciuch
>>weaver       Scott Weaver
>>jford        Jeremy Ford
>>jyang,       Jun Yang
>>dlestrat     David Le Strat
>>rogerrut     Roger Ruttimann
>>ate          Ate Douma
>>shinsuke     Shinsuke Sugaya
>>
>>If anybody believes, there's a mistake in this list please let me know,
>>else I'll forward the emritus list to the infrastructure team to remove
>>committ and JIRA access and I'll update the Jetspeed site accordingly.
>>

> I agree.
>
> I can take care of CVS, it is just checkout of CVSROOT module and
> modification of avail. Not for Subversion, unless someone enlighten me.

OK. I think David has admin rights for Jetspeed in JIRA so he should be
able to deal with this part of the infra and since we don't use
Subversion right now, we're all covered.

I'll still notify Infra through since several of these committers don't
seem to have access to any other repository and I don't know what's the
policy of infra in regard to shells accounts with no CVS or SVN
privileges...

> Before sending this to infra, I would send CC of the list to the apache
> addresses of the implied people to give them advanced notice of the
> changes.

OK, I'll craft a notification message for all the committers once the
list is final. I propose we wauit at least 2-3 days for any reaction
before implementing the changes and notifying both Infra and the
emeritus committers.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/