From "Doug Schnelzer" <doug.schnel...@vizuri.com>
Subject Problem logging in
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:24:17 GMT
I'm currently evaluating using Jetspeed 2 as part a foundational part of the
architecture for a new project.  I've done an anonymous checkout and
successfully built and deployed to Tomcat.  The portlets seem to be
functioning well initially, but I am getting the following exception when I
try to login.  I searched for the
org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.DefaultLoginModule class in the checked
out directory structure, but I don't seem to have the class.  Can you help
me out?

My environment is:

JDK 1.4.2_03-b02

Tomcat 5.0.28

Also we are planning on our first production deployment in April 2005.  My
thought is that it is better to go ahead and start developing against
Jetspeed 2 even though in is not released yet.  Can you confirm that this is
a good idea instead of using Jetspeed 1 and the JSR 168 plug in approach?

Thanks for the assistance and all of your hard work.

- Doug

WARNING: Login exception authenticating username admin

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: unable to find LoginModule class:
org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.DefaultLoginModule

        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:711)

        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:129)

        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:610)

        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeModule(LoginContext.java:607)

        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:534)

        at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm.authenticate(JAASRealm.java:316)

        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator.authenticate(FormAuthent
icator.java:229)

        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
.java:446)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137
)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)

        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118
)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

        at
:109)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)

        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)

        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)

        at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:705)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)

        at
a:683)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)