From "Thor Hovden" <t...@hdlab.net>
Subject Sales arguments for Jetspeed 2
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2004 00:26:25 GMT
I am considering using Portal technology next year. As a portal newbie, I
have understood that portlets are easy to develop (subclassing Portlet
class and implement 3-4 methods) because of the framework provided by the
portlet standard / JSR-168. Putting portlets onto a Portal should follow
JSR-168 and should not be too complex.

If this means two JSR-168 conformant Portals could be easy exchanged, then
I am interested in knowing the sales points of choosing Jetspeed 2.

What are the main reasons why I should choose Jetspeed 2 over another
Portal solution, say, Liferay (which I recently found out is a JSR-168
conformant open source portal as well) ?

I am already aware of the argument that it is a Apache project, and thus
of potential high quality. If this is the only argument, what constitutes
this quality?

Thanks,
Thor Hovden