From "Scott T. Weaver" <scotts-jetspeed-l...@binary-designs.net>
Subject Re: [J2] Persistence Usage?
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 19:14:04 GMT
Unfortunately they are not on all DBs.  In HSQL checkpoint and commit do
the same thing.  However, with Oracle, you still need to commit even
after a checkpoint or you loose everything.

David Le Strat wrote:

>All,
>
>I have a simple question, it seems that we have 2 ways
>of using the current persistence plugin:
>
>Transaction tx =
>registry.getPersistenceStore().getTransaction();
>tx.begin();
>registry.getPersistenceStore().lockForWrite(pa);
>pa.addUserAttribute(userAttrName, userAttrDesc);
>tx.commit();
>
>or
>
>persistenceStore.lockForWrite(internalUser);
>persistenceStore.getTransaction().checkpoint();
>
>I would like to clarify the difference between the two
>approaches.  My understanding was that they were
>equivalent.  Is this correct?
>
>Regards,
>
>David.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."  -
Admiral Hyman Rickover

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <weaver@apache.org>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Management *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>        *