From "Scott T. Weaver" <scotts-jetspeed-l...@binary-designs.net>
Subject Re: When release is expected
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:22:23 GMT
Peter F. wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm new to Jetspeed-2 and I'm considering Jetspeed-2 for my
>development. So I would like to clear out some questions:
>
>1. Is it possible to build an application on the top of the
>   current version of the Letspeed-2 ? How is it stable ?

Yes, I just demoed a fully localized reseller portal this week and it
went very well.  There is a bit of a curve right now to get up to speed
with J2.  If you have any level of patience you will be fine, plus the
list is very responsive to any questions you might have.

>2. When the first release is expected ?

Shooting for a milestone release in October to coincide with the release
of Jetspeed 1.6.

--
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."  -
Admiral Hyman Rickover

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <weaver@apache.org>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Management *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>        *