From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed2 Page Profiler/Locator Status
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 21:54:54 GMT
Randy Watler wrote:

> David Sean Taylor wrote:
>

>>> Finally, I am wondering if this work would conflict with current
>>> jetspeed 2 development by commiters... judging by the fact that you
>>> are splitting the profiler and page-manager components out now,
>>> perhaps you are already at work here. If not, could this kind of
>>> effort help at all if contributed?
>>

>> I don't see how splitting the components will conflict with your work
>> although it might be best for you to base your patches off the split
>> components if you are going to take a few days to write it
>> It would be great to work with you on completing the profiler
>> functionality
>> I look forward to it!
>

> Will do. I will go ahead and start this work and keep you appraised.
> Eventual JCMS integration seems like a good goal... everyone on the
> list seems to wants one!

OK, I'll hold off on splitting the profiler out to its own module for now.

I am working on getting JCMS into Apache.
Its a donation from myself and Christophe Lombard
Im not very good at Apache bureaucracy, so getting the code into CVS  is
taking far longer than for some one who is well-connected.
We are now looking into integrating the J2 security policy into JCMS