From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Where do you consider Jetspeed-2
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 19:46:24 GMT

On Aug 4, 2004, at 8:43 AM, <brad.simonin@psl.nmsu.edu> wrote:

> I need to make a decision:  Use either Jetspeed-1.5 or Jetspeed-2.
>
> Do you consider Jetspeed-2 to be in beta mode or still in alpha mode?
>   I really want to use Jetspeed-2 but some of the folks I work with
> don't consider Jetspeed-2 to be primetme yet.

Its actually pre-alpha
There is currently no release available for dl

A few things to consider:
J2 doesn't have a customizer
Navigations are not completed
J2 doesn't have all the admin portlets that J1 comes with

Have you considered J1 Fusion as a interim solution?

> Most important, accoriding to the web site:
> http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/
>
> Jetspeed-2 claims:
> Jetspeed provides support for templating and content publication
> frameworks such as Cocoon, WebMacro and Velocity. Note that outside of
> regualar browser Jetspeed also supports WAP devices.
>
> Is Jetspeed-2 really enabled to work with Velocity and Cocoon?

It works great with Velocity
I would say it could integrate with Cocoon, but it does not currently

> Thanks in advance,
>
> --Brad Simonin

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software