From Greg Passmore <greg.passm...@gemstone.com>
Subject RE: Help installing/building
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:38:23 GMT
Thanks for the help guys. However, I am still hitting problems after getting
past this. I did a cvs update and I followed the instructions on the
website, doing:

Maven start.test.server

Maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true allClean allBuild

Stopped the test.server

Maven start.production.server

Maven quickStart

Then I go to http://localhost:2004/jetspeed

(I'm using tomcat 5.x)

And I get this Exception:

 WARN: IOException, CatalinaPAM will only function as FileSystemPAM:
[org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl] ERROR:
SQLException thrown while trying to get Connection from Datasource
(java:comp/env/jdbc/jetspeed)
Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of
class '' for connect URL 'null'
	at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.jav
a:780)
	at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:5
40)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.newConnectio
nFromDataSource(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.lookupConnec
tion(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(Unknow
n Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.StatementManager.getPreparedStatement(Unkn
own Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl.executeQuery(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsQueryObject.performQuery(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsIterator.<init>(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.RsIteratorFactoryImpl.createRsIterator(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getRsIteratorFromQuery(Unkn
own Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getIteratorFromQuery(Unknow
n Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getObjectByQuery(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getObjectByQuery(Unkn
own Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getObjectByQuery(Unkn
own Source)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.persistence.store.ojb.pb.PBStore.getObjectByQ
uery(PBStore.java:239)
	at
)
	at
.java:25)
	at
org.springframework.aop.framework.AopProxyUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflecti
on(AopProxyUtils.java:59)
	at
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopPro
xy.java:138)
	at $Proxy0.getObjectByQuery(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesImpl.getNode(PreferencesImpl.java:
229)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesImpl.createPrefNode(PreferencesImp
l.java:165)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesImpl.<init>(PreferencesImpl.java:1
14)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesProviderImpl.start(PreferencesProv
iderImpl.java:107)
	at
)
	at
.java:25)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:810)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:249)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:177)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(Abstra
ctBeanFactory.java:159)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInst
antiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:183)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(Abstr
actApplicationContext.java:268)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(F
ileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:83)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.SpringComponentManager.<init>(SpringComponent
Manager.java:44)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.SpringEngine.initComponents(SpringEngine.java:108
)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.AbstractEngine.init(AbstractEngine.java:134)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.createEngine(Jetspeed.java:64)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet.init(JetspeedServlet.java:137)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:10
29)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:862)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:
4013)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4357)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:8
23)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.j
ava:277)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:832)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:617)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:431)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:968)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:349)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
t.java:119)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1091)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:789)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:478)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:480)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2313)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:556)
	at
)
	at
.java:25)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:284)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:422)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:243)
	at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.jav
a:773)
	... 69 more