From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: building jetspeed2 - Communication failure during handshake
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:40:52 GMT

On Aug 12, 2004, at 9:27 AM, Henry Saginor wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Scott.
>
> I am pretty sure the database is started. I am using MySQL and am able
> connect with the Control Center.
>
> Also, I did follow the steps on the getting started page. After the
> initial
> build failed I ran maven quickStart goal and it did connect to the DB
> server
> successfully and created some tables in the test database. This tells
> me
> that the DB server is up and the problem is something else.
>
> Looking at the build output it looks like it could not initialize some
> org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DatasourceComponent. There
> is also
> some warning about JNDI. Do you know anything about that?

I also build and test against MySQL.
Here are my properties:
(remember that J2 requires both a test AND production database)

#
-
# J2 configure MySQL Test DB
#
-
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.default.name=mysql
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.url = jdbc:mysql://j2-server/j2test
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.user = j2
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.password = wouldntyouliketoknow
org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.drivers.path=/bluesunrise/apache/jdbc/
mysql-connector-java-3.0.8-stable-bin.jar
#
-
# J2 configure MySQL Production DB
#
-
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name=mysql
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url = jdbc:mysql://j2-server/j2
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user = j2
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password = wouldntyouliketoknow
org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path=/bluesunrise/apache/
jdbc/mysql-connector-java-3.0.8-stable-bin.jar

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software