From "Scott T. Weaver" <scotts-jetspeed-l...@binary-designs.net>
Subject Re: Request for a little help evaluating Jetspeed
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:20:38 GMT
Raphaƫl Luta wrote:

> I think documentation and bundled demo portal would be the 2 other major
> items requiring work in J2, but given the increasing stability of the
> core of J2 and in a bid to help Fusion, we can possibly plan in the very
> short term a "milestone" release of J2, ie Jestpeed 2 M1 is a JSR168
> complaint portal, M2 would bring in customization, M3 new content
> portlets
> etc... until we get close to equal to the J1 features.

I think milestone releases are a great idea.  Would also like to propose
"bundled" binaries of J2 so people can expand and go.  I think one with
Tomcat 5.x and one with JBoss 3.2.5 would be good for now.

> Releasing a J2 M1 release would have the additionnal advantage of
> providing
> a released artiefact for fusion, which could then be "safely" included
> in the
> upcomong Jetspeed 1.6 release.

+1

*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <weaver@apache.org>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal    *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container     *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Mangement *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>       *