From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Pluto Test Suite
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2004 00:36:51 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

> Im running the Pluto Test Suite on J2 and getting pretty close to
> passing the tests.
>
> One problem I can't seem to figure out:
>
> In all the JSP pages in the Test Suite, the Portlet API taglib is
> referenced as:
>
> <%@ taglib uri='http://java.sun.com/portlet' prefix='portlet' %>
>
> This fails on J2, but not on Pluto.
> When I point my browser at http://java.sun.com/portlet, the page is not
> found
>
> If I replace the taglib with
>
> <%@ taglib uri='/WEB-INF/tld/portlet.tld' prefix='portlet' %>
>
> then I can run the test suite.
> Any ideas on how Pluto gets past this bad URL?
>
> Scott -- just wanted to point out that I once I replace the taglibs,
> deploying this PA is as simple as dropping it in!

This isn't really a bad URL, it is just a URI that uniquely identifies
the taglib.

Pluto is generating a Servlet 2.3 web.xml with <taglib> elements that
map the URI to the physical location. I don't know what it does if it
sees a Servlet 2.4 web.xml file (it would need to generate <jsp-config>
elements instead).

Does J2 use the Pluto deployer? If not, it could just be that the J2
portlet deployer needs to add these elements as well.

--
Jeremy