From Jaq Marit <ictr...@slu.edu.ph>
Subject Parent filter in browser-portlet.vm
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2004 02:57:33 GMT

>From templates/vm/portlets/html/browser-portlet.vm ("Parent" filter option
list):

 #foreach($parent in $parents)
   #if($parent.Title)
     <option value="$parent.name" #if($parent_filter_value == $parent.name)
selected="true" #end>$parent.Title</option>
   #else
     <option value="$parent.name" #if($parent_filter_value == $parent.name)
selected="true" #end>$parent.name</option>
   #end
#end

I understand this will cause parent's title to be added to the option list if
not null.  I am just wondering why my option list is populated with empty
string ("") values causing the option list to contain "invisible" values like
the following:

            +--------------+
    Parent: | All Parents  |
            | XML          |
            | JSP          |
            | etc...       |

If I change the line #if($parent.Title) to

  #if($parent.Title && $parent.Title != "")

it will resolve the problem.  And btw, this is present in other customizer
templates.

just a thought...