From "Scott T. Weaver" <scotts-jetspeed-l...@binary-designs.net>
Subject Re: [J2] TestSimpleDeployment Failing
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 20:50:53 GMT
Well, I just finished removing all the VFS stuff from the deployment
system ;)  I have the tests passing, with additional test logic that was
failing (even for me) when I was using VFS.  I will probably commit the
changes tommorrow morning.  Hopefully this will solve both the issue
with the test failing in Windows environments and the inability to
delete deployed artifacts from the "WEB-INF/deploy" staging directory,
which also was a windows only problem.

Refactoring VFS out of J2 is probably for the better.  Not because VFS
is bad (I personally think it is VERY kewl), but because we were only
using a small portion of it that was easily replicated within J2 itself.

In any case, Tim, thanks for keeping an eye out on the VFS list.

Tim Reilly wrote:

>FYI - This was committed to vfs head today (not sure it helps?, but sounds
>like it would from Jeremy's description of the issue.)

*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <weaver@apache.org>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal    *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container     *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Mangement *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>       *