From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: J1: how to deploy jsr-168 portlets?
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 23:46:21 GMT

On Jul 9, 2004, at 4:01 PM, Vlachogiannis Evangelos wrote:

> thnx for the prompt reply!! Do I need to do something more (add xreg
> entry??) than put the war into deploy folder?

Nope, thats it, it will automatically write the entries to the xreg
when you drop it in
Im having trouble right now with undeploy in Fusion
Works fine in J2, but in Fusion I get a cyclic dependency error in Pico
container
Not sure what the differerence is ...

I just cleaned up the bugs in Sun's portlet application
I can now run inside Fusion:

1. ShowTime Portlet
2. Bookmark Portlet
3. Notepad Portlet

The Weather Portlet is failing, need to look into that

What I usually do is this:

1. login as turbine
2. create a new tab
3. start adding portlets to the new tab, filter by JSR 168 category
4. save and apply

and switch over to the tab, and there are your portlets
  a couple of known bugs

1. it doesn't switch out of customize mode very cleanly back to view
2. i need to override help mode to use the correct help mode

Anyway you can dl the portlet app here:

http://www.bluesunrise.com/portlets/portletsamples.war

I'll update it again when I figure out the Weather Portlet issue