From ictr...@slu.edu.ph
Subject Firewall and portlets
Date Sat, 31 Jul 2004 08:30:45 GMT
I was thinking, would it be possible to congigure portlets so that they won't
prompt the user for proxy login if they are behing a firewall?  I believe this
is possible with RSS portlets because they make use of the servlet engine JVM
system properties "proxySet=true, proxyHost=<proxyHost>,
proxyPort=<proxyPort>"

Will this also be possible for HTML, WebPage, WebClipping portlets?  For
example, if i want to provide a google search portlet to my users and i want to
to do this with a little tranparency so that users doesn't have to pass through
the proxy, what is the best way to do this?

Any idea is greatly appreciated. Thanks!