From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [J2] Menu implementation
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 02:56:49 GMT

On Jun 22, 2004, at 3:21 PM, Stijn de Witt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been watching this thread and I would like to point out an
> 'issue' with
> Jetspeed 1, that I hope can be circumvented in Jetspeed 2.
>
> In Jetspeed 1, the URL shown in the addressbar can NOT always take you
> back
> to that page later. This means that, if you are on page A and copy the
> address in the addressbar, and then you navigate to page B and paste
> the URL
> and click GO, sometimes, this will NOT take you back to page A!

Jetspeed Pane menus have had this limitation for a long time.
Menu state is stored in the session.
I tried to address this by creating a generalized way of accessing the
portlet via JetspeedLink
JetspeedLink (and JetspeedForwards) both create URLs than can be
bookmarked, including submenus
The next step was to integrate menus with Links and Forwards, but I
never completed it

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com